Caring for your candles...
All of our scented candles are lovingly made to provide you with hours of fragrant bliss. To keep them looking and working best (and safely), follow our tips to enjoy a purer scent experience and maintain their high quality for longer.
HOW TO BURN YOUR CANDLE
1. Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from draughts or fans, which can cause sooting (black marks on the vessel) or rapid, uneven burning.
2. Burn regular-sized candles for one and a half to two hours at a time. Burning for less time can cause the candle to 'tunnel', which leaves a build up of wax around the vessel's sides. Burning for longer periods (over four hours) can cause the wick to move or slant.
3. Make sure you stop burning your candle when 10mm of wax remains at the bottom, keeping an eye on a burning candle when the wax is low.
HOW TO CARE FOR WICKS
1. Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and matches, as debris in the wax can act as a secondary wick, encouraging your candle to burn faster.
2. After extinguishing your flame with a snuffer, centre and straighten the wick. Burning for too long can cause the wick to move or slant. If you see a flaming wick come close to the vessel wall, extinguish the flame and straighten the wick to prevent the vessel from cracking.
3. Long or crooked wicks can create high flames, smoking or sooting. Trimming the wick to 5mm (when the wax has set) is the easiest way to prevent this.